Apache: Big Data North America is next week, May 9-12 in Vancouver, Canada and will gather a kaleidoscope of big data devotees from the Apache project community to come together to further the education and advancement of Apache open source projects. As an upstream contributor to the Apache Software Foundation and an organization that strives to build upon the innovative work of ASF, we are thrilled to be exhibiting and speaking at Apache: Big Data!
Accompanied by a few of our member companies Ampool, IBM, Hortonworks, and Pivotal, attendees will learn how ODPi will ease integration and standardization for downstream application vendors and end-users that build upon Apache Hadoop®.
The ODPi booth (#11) on the exhibiting floor and will feature a Hacker’s Lounge where attendees can come by and meet industry innovators like Ampool Founder and CEO, Milind Bhandarkar, Ph.D.
As mentioned, there are a number of great ODPi-focused sessions during the show. Here’s an overview of our must-see sessions:
- Roman Shaposhnik & Konstantin Boudnik from Pivotal will discuss How ODPi Leveraged Apache Bigtop to Get to Market Faster (and You Can Too!). Attendees will learn how contributions from ODPi members are helping Apache Bigtop get even stronger and provide an integration platform for the next generation big data technologies.
- There will be an ODPi panel, ODPi: Advancing Open Data for the Enterprise, where attendees will receive an overview of how Hadoop distributors, ISVs, SIs, and enterprises (end users) will benefit from standardization. Panel members include John Mertic of ODPi, Milind Bhandarkar of Ampool, Terrance Yim of CaskData, Alan Gates of Hortonworks, and Susan Malaika of IBM. Moderated by Roman Shaposhink of Pivotal.
- Milind Bhandarkar of Ampool dives into a riveting story Standing on Shoulders of Giants: Ampool Story and also discusses how Ampool is contributing to several ASF projects in ODPi.
- Alan Gates from Hortonworks provides a thought-provoking Keynote: ODPi 101: Who We Are, What We Do and Don’t Do. Gates will outline the ODPi Core, a set of software components, a detailed certification and a set of open source tests to make it easier to create big data solutions and data-driven applications.
- John Mertic from ODPi showcases an important Keynote- ODPi and ASF: Building a stronger Hadoop ecosystem, where he details how the ODPi’s specifications and by-laws reinforce the role of the ASF as the singular place where Apache Hadoop development occurs.
- John Mertic of ODPi and Jim Jagielski of the Apache Software Foundation team up for a riveting conversation ODPi and ASF Collaboration. Attendees will learn about how the ASF and ODPi complement each other and work together, where the big data ecosystem is heading, and more. Mark your calendar now, you will not want to miss this session!
A supporter of the work the ASF has done with the Apache Hadoop ecosystem since our inception, we are looking forward to supporting, connecting with, and learning from the Apache project community on advancing the big data ecosystem.
We hope you will join us at Apache: Big Data!