ODPi will be hosting an Open Metadata & Governance Workshop about the newly created project, Egeria, at Open Source Summit. Egeria is a new project from the ODPi that supports the free flow of metadata between different technologies and vendor offerings, enabling organizations to locate, manage and use their data more effectively. It is built on open standards and delivered open source (Apache 2.0 licensed).
On Tuesday, August 28 from 9:30 am – 7:30 pm, industry leaders from ODPi will provide an overview, goals and then present demos and a deep dive into the code. After the workshop, all attendees are invited to join ODPi at a networking event with pizza and drinks.
Attendance is free to conference registrants and you can drop-in for specific sessions or stay all day. If you have a poster describing an interesting metadata challenge, project or technology you are working on, there will be space to display it at the social event.
To add this to your OSS schedule, click here.
Below is the detailed agenda:
- 09:30-10:30 What is open metadata and why do we need it
- 10:30-11:00 Demo of Egeria and Atlas
- 11:00-11:30 Break
- 11:30-13:00 Deep dive into the Egeria code
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch
- 14:00-15:30 Egeria roadmap and brainstorm meeting
- 15:30-16:00 Summary, readout and next steps
- 18:00-19:30 Meet the experts social (beer, pizza, posters, demos, whiteboards)